Words ranked number 91 to 100 in the list of most commonly used Hindi words (courtesy of Hindi Google Group and Resource Center for Indian Language Technology Solutions):
91. व्यक्ति vyak-ti (f. noun) a person; a particular person
92. उनका un-a-kā (adjective) theirs; his - formal
94. इसलिए is-a-li-e (adverb) so; therefore
95. तीन tīn (adjective) three
96. इसका is-a-kā (adjective) his - informal
97. ऐसी ai-sī (f. adjective) of this sort
98. विशेष vi-śheṣ (adjective) 1. particular, special, distinctive. 2. excellent.
99. बड़ी ba-ṛī (f. adjective) big, large; great
100. अथवा ath-a-vā (conjunction) or
The following resources were helpful for this set of words:
- Verbix, for the conjugation of लेना
- Universal Word - Hindi Dictionary for the definition of इसलिए
- As always: The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary
Now that I've made it to 100 -- except, of course, for the lingering blanks -- I am going to shift focus for some time. First, the spreadsheet of most common Hindi words needs to be completed; from 41 to 60, the definitions are included, but for the others I didn't include the information in the spreadsheet. Second, the previous posts need to have styles and errors fixed. Thanks to Pradeep and Vinay, I learned about things I was missing or had translated incorrectly. Now I will go back and fix the errors.
The next step is to put some of this new knowledge to use, to find sentences containing this set of 100 words and help to give them more context and meaning. The idea to start over and study Hindi from the most common words down originated from a video interview of Tim Ferriss that I watched some weeks ago. He attacked Japanese in the same way, first learning the words he was mostly likely to see -- a list of the most commonly used words in the language -- and building his knowledge around that. It made sense to me. Ultimately, it might not be the best way, for for self study, preparing myself for what I was most likely to see seems like a good idea. Now to go and apply the knowledge practically, then we'll see if this is right.