A follow-up post, from after the event: After Startup Connection 2018
The annual Startup Connection is happening in downtown St. Louis tomorrow (2018-11-07). I thought I'd do a bit of recon like I did for the recent Startup Talent Showcase because it's interesting to learn more about what's going on in the area—and there is a lot going on, you just have to know where to look.
I took the list of companies provided by Startup Connection and made a big table with information for each company, plus external links (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Crunchbase) on Google Sheets: Startup Connection 2018.
(If you're behind a firewall, here's a PDF version: startup-connection-2018.pdf)
Perhaps you'd like to follow those companies on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Here are some links to posts on those platforms that will make it easier to follow them rather clicking all the links in that table (i.e., on the Facebook and LinkedIn links, mouseover each link to bring up a popup to follow each, etc.):
- List of company Facebook pages: part 1, part 2
- List of company LinkedIn pages
- Twitter list: Startup Connection 2018
Bonus: some information from Startup Connection 2017 that I must not have posted here to the site last year:
A selection of news items about the various companies:
- [CheckTheQ, Keen Bean Organicds, Narya Security] Nathan Rubbelke, Here are the 6 companies selected for Capital Innovators fall cohort, St. Louis Business Journal (2018-09-28)
- [SensrTrx] Episode 259: Bryan Sapot – CEO – SensrTrx, Technori podcast (2018-08-30)
- [SensrTrx] David Nicklaus, Ameren Accelerator adds six firms, including two from St. Louis, St Louis Post-Dispatch (2018-06-21)
- [Keybot] Andrew Withers, There's a (St. Louis) app for that: entrepreneurs offer mobile-based services, St. Louis Post-Dispatch (2018-06-15)
- [Clever Real Estate] David Nicklaus, Startup hopes to disrupt real estate by cooperating with agents instead of competing, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, (2018-05-23)
- [Johego] Christine McGuigan, Johego improves social service access in Missouri’s communities, Silicon Prairie News, (2017-10-12)