These ten words are part of a list of the most commonly used Hindi words (courtesy of Hindi Google Group and Resource Center for Indian Language Technology Solutions). Many many thanks to Vinay from the Hindi group for dropping by to advise and correct on Wednesday. (I'll respond to the comment soon. I'm trying to digest it still...). I don't think I could have as much patience as you to read and try to help someone like me stumble and fumble through this. Words ranked #61 to #70:
61. वहाँ va-hāṃ (adverb) there.
62. भारत bhā-rat (m. noun) India.
64. प्राप्त prāpt (adjective) 1. obtained; acquired; incurred. 2. come upon, found.
65. उनकी un-kī (adjective) theirs; his - formal
69. अन्य (an-ya) (adjective) other, different.
There should be some sort of disclaimer that goes with all of this, say: every time I write "this is" it really means "this is probably, I think." Help with this post comes from:
- Vinay. Pointing out that गये is a participle of जाना steered me in the direction of understanding गयी.
- Google Translate was a huge help for लगा.
- Verbix helped me understand the conjugation patterns for a variety of the verbs.
- Wikipedia [Hindi-Urdu grammar] helped me understand the future tense.
- geocities.com/lordvaruna - I don't know whose web site it is, but it was helpful to see another view of verb conjugation.
- Last, never least: The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary
Edit (15 August 2008): Updated with help from Pradeep -- see Errata, Words 1 to 100 for changes.