- Matthew Cobb, Why Your Brian Is Not a Computer, The Guardian (2020-02-27). One sign that our metaphors may be losing their explanatory power is the widespread assumption that much of what nervous systems do, from simple systems right up to the appearance of consciousness in humans, can only be explained as emergent properties – things that you cannot predict from an analysis of the components, but which emerge as the system functions.
- Ahmed Kabil, Our Long Bets and Predictions about 02020, Blog of the Long Now (2020-02-26).
- Alison Bowen, A Chicago historian is sharing his secrets on uncovering your home’s past. Here’s what you might find out., The Chicago Tribune (2020-02-26).
- Jeff Atwood, How To Achieve Ultimate Blog Success In One Easy Step, Coding Horror (2007-10-26).
- Brooks Barnes, Ben Affleck Tried to Drink Away the Pain. Now He’s Trying Honesty., The New York Times (2020-02-18).
- Why the U.S. Lags Asia in Use of Robots in Factories and Warehouses, SupplyChainBrain (2020-02-27).
- 2020-03-12: Meegan Turnbeaugh, Rescuing a Troubled Project, Washington University in St. Louis
There might be additional links that didn't make the cut at notes.kirkkittell.com